The Ondo State Government has extended by one week the deadline for the compulsory use of nose masks by residents in the state due to non-availability.
It had earlier given Friday (April 24) as deadline for all residents in the state to wear nose mask before leaving their houses or risk arrest.
South-West Governors had last week adopted wearing of nose mask in the region as ways to curb the spread of the COVID-19.
A statement by State Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Donald Ojogo, said the new date for compulsory wearing of nose mask is May 1st.
Ojogo explained that the shift in the commencement date was as a result of the apparent scarcity of the masks in desirable quantities to effect the enforcement of the directive.
He said the state government has intensified efforts to produce nose mask within the period of grace.
The Commissioner encouraged residents who already have nose mask to continue to put on the mask for personal safety and protection