Learners ate snacks and collapsed at school. 24 of them were taken to hospital.About 25 learners at Emoyeni primary school in Gingindlovu at KwaZulu Natal were rushed to hospital. Out of 25 ,24 learners collapsed and complained about stomach cramps after eating snacks of R2 each.
The Emoyeni primary school reported the children were crying out for help. This got to the principal’s attention. It’s alleged the person sells it to school children during break time. However no one knew this could happen.Paramedics reported to the school to assist learners with first aid. The 24 of them got admitted to hospital. The school principal and HOD’s have written letters to the affected families to inform them of the situation.
This is really sad. Children should be instructed by parents what they should buy. It’s better to buy sealed snacks. It can be suspicious and the person who sells to children would get investigated. And there will be a case against her. It could be the end of business.
Pictures at the school after incident happened